Financial Controller for professional services business in the heart of Bristol
Morgan McKinley are pleased to be assisting one of our esteemed professional services clients with their search for a UK Financial Controller for their Central Bristol Office. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified individual to join at crucial time for the finance team. The role reports into the UK CFO and is integral in coordinating management accounts as well as supporting business services departments with budgets and spend.
Key responsibilities include
- Co-ordination of all aspects of management accounting
- Responsible for the statutory financial accounts of all UK entities
- Supporting Global Business Services Directors in budgeting
- Cash-flow budgeting and forecasting
- Ensuring compliance with Group financial policies and FRS 102
- Managing the external audit process
- Managing the budget preparation and subsequent reforecasting
- Assistance in redeveloping and improving internal reports to make them more user-friendly
- Leadership and guidance of the UK accounting team
To be successful in this role you will
- Be a qualified accountant with at least 4 years PQE
- Have great communications skills including the ability to explain numbers to non-finance professionals
- Be resilient and comfortable working in a changing environment
- Have solid business partnering skills
- Have in-depth working knowledge of FRS102, VAT requirements, and relevant regulatory reporting obligations
- Have attention to detail as well as the ability to see the larger picture
- Have excellent Excel skills
This truly is a wonderful opportunity to join a business that provides a supportive atmosphere and team ethos. A friendly culture within a corporate business that can boast flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture as well as an international approach make this an attractive prospect for the right candidate. Add to this a competitive benefits package, generous salary and modern offices in the heart of Bristol.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.