Legal Counsel required for growing technology company
THIS ROLE CAN BE BASED IN GLOUCESTER OR LONDON AND THERE IS HOME WORKING AVAILABLE
A full service technology company is seeking to appoint a Legal Counsel to join its growing business in the United Kingdom. This role will be part of a wider Legal and Compliance team supporting the ambitious growth of this exciting technology business and will have full autonomy and ownership for the range of UK business lines. This role will act as the main lawyer advising on all UK business transactions.
The company provides services across cloud, cyber-security, networks and communications on a global scale and produces revenues of nearly £500M with over 2000 employees. It is also listed in the Sunday Times Top Track 250 as one of the fastest growing privately owned businesses.
The role will include:
- Prepare, review, negotiate and finalise all contracts and related documents in relation to any sales activities in the UK across a broad portfolio of IT products and services
- Provide legal advice to other departments within the business on any matters that are legal in nature
- The review, supervision and implementation of all policies, processes and procedures of the Legal Department relevant to the UK organisation.
- Provide legal support to the Head of Legal and Compliance team where necessary for ad hoc activities related to Group, insurance and other regulatory matters falling within the risk and compliance area of the UK business.
- You will be a Qualified Solicitor with experience of drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts, especially those that are IT / technology orientated.
- Ideally you will be familiar with IT infrastructure, outsourcing, telecommunications or cloud computing services desirable;
- You must have strong commercial acumen and ideally have spent some time in house previously or have secondment experience if applying direct from private practice.
- You must be able to advise internal stakeholders, sales and the business on a range of commercial matters and be able to manage and handle a wide range of personalities. You will also be working with the Board and C-Suite colleagues, so strong communication skills are a pre-requisite.
This is a superb role which offers a significant degree of flexibility including home working. However you will be expected to visit the different UK sites from time to time, so there will be some travel nationally. In addition, you will be expected to work autonomously with minimal supervision from the Head of Legal.
To apply for this role, please contact James Franklin at Morgan McKinley, or use the link provided.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.