Infrastructure support, Technical support, Citrix technologies, VMWare
Morgan McKinley is currently working with a leading Charity business which is actively looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their team in London.
- Manage improvements to allow and provide an efficient and effective service to users of the IT infrastructure
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on a number of supported technologies along with creating, maintaining
- Manage specific IT Services, ensuring that these are supported to the agreed levels and have adequately trained engineers available to manage any issues and requests.
- Manage escalated service records and requests and if the need arises, escalate to the Infrastructure Manager.
- Provide representation in the Service Design phase of projects, providing technical ownership for those components and services under Infrastructure ownership.
- To maintain, support and develop the Microsoft App-V infrastructure. This will include investigation, sequencing, packaging and deployment of requested applications.
- To help administer, support and maintain Citrix environment - to include primary VDI image configuration and deployment
The ideal candidate would have:
- In-depth technical knowledge of Microsoft App-V, including all aspects of support, design, implementation, administration, sequencing and packaging.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Microsoft Windows Operating systems.
- A good technical knowledge of Citrix technologies including XenDesktop, XenApp and Presentation Server.
- Using McAfee EPO to monitor McAfee security products, responding effectively to threats and potential threats identified. This will include amending Agent policies, deploying custom scripts and blocks.
- A good understanding of VDI technologies, including VMWare 5.0 and 5.1 hosts, and supporting technologies such as Ilio.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.