Technical Manager, Software Manager, R&D Tax
Morgan McKinley is currently working with a leading Financial Services client who are eager to get a Software Manager, R&D to join the team in Central London.
- Participate in technical conversations with numerous high-profile clients in investment, commercial and retail banking, as well as insurance, asset management, Fintech and personal lending providers, who are based (or have branches) in the UK.
- Opportunity to be involved in business development opportunities, participate in wider tax technology initiatives within the business, and be involved in the development of new service propositions by working closely with multiple UK teams.
Key skills and attributes:
- You have excellent spoken and written business English, communicating clearly and concisely in phone calls and via email
- You are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, OneNote.
- You show initiative and take a proactive approach to delivering projects end-to-end for high-profile clients.
- You are comfortable presenting to audiences of varying sizes and seniority.
- You are always compliant with organisational quality and risk requirements, and can assess when and where issues need escalation.
- No prior tax knowledge is required for this role - all training will be provided in role.
In order to qualify for this role, you must have:
- Substantial experience working in or with technology teams (preferably a mixture of industry and professional services).
- Experience of conducting client facing conversations within a limited timeframe to capture information and provide guidance
- A proven track record of writing structured, complex technical reports and documentation for senior review
- Experience of managing multiple concurrent projects effectively
You will have built up a broad understanding of:
- Established, commercially available technologies and their use (e.g. development environments, ETL tools, big data processing, database technologies, web technologies, cloud-based provisioning services, trade platforms, workflow tools).
- Different technology project management approaches and their practical application in a working environment.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Prior experience working with financial sector clients.
- An awareness emerging technology trends.
- A technology-related degree (e.g. Computer Science or similar).
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.