Technical Accountant role in Middlesex
- Provide technical advice on IFRS, New UK GAAP (FRS 102) This includes the analysis of developments in accounting standards, external reporting, UK law and governance requirements that may have an impact on the group's financial statements.
- Lead the implementation of the new leasing standard - IFRS 16
- Lead the project relating to - distributable reserves, capital & debt restructuring and group rationalisation
- Own and manage the quarterly dividend payment process
- Leading the successful implementation of new leasing standard IFRS 16. This will involve liaison with key departments outside the Reporting function, including, Tax, Legal, Procurement, FP&A, Regulatory team, Business & Commercial Finance.
- Providing sound technical advice on technical accounting issues and matters of interpretation and assess the impact on commercial decisions.
- Preparing and presenting Audit Committee Papers on technical matters including regular updates on accounting developments.
- Providing support to other members of the External Reporting team as required.
- Qualified ACA or equivalent with experience of financial reporting at a group level
- Strong ability to advise on complex accounting issues
- Experience in the implementation of the new accounting standards
- A proven track record of delivering in a demanding environment and being proactive
- Experience of IFRS is essential
- Excellent financial and analytical abilities
- A track record of developing and building effective working relationships with a network of individuals across a large and complex, multi-location and high-profile organisation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with high attention to details
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.