We have an exciting opportunity for a Tax Professional to join our team based in Leicester.
The role holder will be involved in providing Employment & Operational tax advice to the business, completing and submitting returns to HMRC, participating in industry discussions on tax legislation and ensuring that the business remains compliant with HMRC legislation
As a Tax Professional your main responsibilities will be
- Assisting in the preparation of HMRC returns through the year
- Supporting the preparation of responses to HMRC correspondence for both audits and general enquiries
- Supporting the business in Projects to provide tax knowledge and advice
- Assist in addressing employment tax queries from HMRC and employees.
- Resolving operational and employment tax issues in respect of existing and new products and processes
- Represent the Group during discussions with HMRC and at external meetings with Financial Institutions and industry bodies
Minimum skills and experience required
- Experience in Employment and/or Operational Taxes
- Ability to analyse and explain technical tax concepts concisely, clearly and in a non-jargonistic manner - both in verbal and written format
- Professional and credible communicator - ability to forge good working relationships at all levels, including tax authorities and external advisors
- Good time management skills with a proven ability to deliver results in a proactive 'self-starter' manner
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.