A leading media and entertainment company is recruiting for a Tax Manager to join their tax compliance and reporting team based in London's West End.
A leading media and entertainment company is recruiting for a Tax Manager to join their tax compliance and reporting team based in London's West End. You will join an established in-house tax team reponsible for the preparation, review and monitoring of tax compliance and reporting obligations in respect of the non-US operations of the group across in excess of 100 entities in multiple international territories.
The role will include:
- Preparation/review of quarterly and annual US GAAP tax reporting
- Prepare and maintain tax calculation templates, FIN 48 calculations and SOX 404 documentation
- Monitor variances between the tax provision and tax return for international businesses
- Liaise with finance contacts and external service providers
- Review and update business models (forecast financial models)
- Preparation/analysis of group summaries by business line and by territory
- Review of intercompany royalty calculations
- Assisting with the UK tax compliance process for 50+ entities, including preparation/review of accounts provisions, tax disclosures and UK tax returns
- Allocation of UK group losses and calculation of quarterly installment payments
- Review and understanding of differences between US and UK GAAP
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence, notices, etc. and following up as appropriate
- Coordination and review of the outsourced International tax compliance in respect of 100+ entities worldwide
- Coordination and review of Creative Industries tax credit claims
- Management of compliance issues in respect of mobile employees
- Populating and monitoring the entity obligation tracking tool and internal tax return library
- Withholding Tax administration - preparation of clearance forms and request of residency certifications
- Dispute resolution in respect of customer WHT deductions
Ad-hoc project work including:
- Assistance with tax audits
- Transfer pricing implementation
- Entity eliminations
- Group structuring
- Dividend and repatriation planning
- R&D tax credits
- Film tax credits
- Property transactions
- Assist in development of electronic tools to maximize efficiencies in tax processes
- Supporting the wider tax team as appropriate in areas commensurate with experience
It is anticipated this role would suit a tax manager with a corporate tax compliance background with experience of large UK and multinational groups. They would ideally need to be a qualified accountant with post-qualification experience and, ideally, some previous experience of working in an in-house tax team, whether on secondment or in a permanent role.
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Will Hepworth on 02070920030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.