A leading international bank is looking to recruit a Tax Manager to manage the tax requirements of a portfolio of UK companies within the EMEA tax team.
A leading international bank is looking to recruit a Tax Manager to manage the tax requirements of a portfolio of UK companies within the EMEA tax team. The responsibilities will include monthly reporting and Effective Tax Rate monitoring, ensuring the timely preparation and submission of UK corporate income tax returns, preparation of tax data for inclusion within UK statutory accounts as well as ad hoc technical advisory and support.
- Working in a team dealing with tax related matters.
- Preparation and review of corporate tax computations
- Support on wider compliance areas to potentially include bank levy, CATA, R&D claims, CFCs and any other relevant areas
- Monthly tax provisioning including calculating the tax accruals, as well as the management and reconciliation of the tax balances on the ledger & effective rate analysis.
- Preparation and review of tax numbers and dosclousres for statutory accounts
- Calculation of tax payments as well as the management of tax balances with the Revenue
- Collating YTD and forecast P&L information and calculating estimated taxable income positions
- Liaising with the foreign branch accountants to regularly monitor the local tax accruals and tax attributes (including tax paid, utilisation of losses, prior year adjustments)
- Completion of on-line US Tax Packages which contain attributes for our UK companies
- Ad-hoc research in relation to issues arising during the course of undertaking the above responsibilities
- Preparation of responses to HMRC queries regarding tax issues
- Liaising with the UK Financial Control team & New York tax department as required
- Supporting the UK Head of tax with tax legislative developments and planning where necessary
- Working with the EMEA Tax team in Poland who support the UK team with some of the above
- As required foreign travel to support Poland EMEA tax team
- Ad hoc including WHT / Certificate of residence issues
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong background in UK tax compliance and tax reporting. They would ideally have had some exposure to the financial services / banking sector and have a working Excel and a tax software system eg Alphatax / OneSource etc. They would have a pro-active attitude with with the ability to work well under pressure, on multiple priorities and to critical deadlines. It is anticipated this role would suit a candidate looking to move in-house for the first time a few years post-qualification, but candidates with prior in-house experience would also be considered.
Please contact Will Hepworth on 02070920030 or email@example.com if you would like to discuss in more detail.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.