System administrator, Trade floor support
Morgan McKinley is currently working with a Hedge Fund who are actively seeking a System Administrator to join their team in London. This is a hands-on technical role within a cross-platform engineering team responsible for core technology infrastructure.
- Infrastructure Engineering designs and maintains the firm's operating systems (Linux and Windows), authentication systems, databases, virtualization infrastructure, core network services, and messaging in both our internal- and external-facing environments.
- This engineer will be tasked with the design, implementation, and integration of infrastructure systems, particularly-but not exclusively-on network devices, protocols, and systems that underpin our infrastructure.
- Interest in both building technology and helping others use it effectively, along with a desire to improve processes and technology are all prerequisites.
- Familiarity with general systems administration; experience with phone, desk-side, and/or remote user support; knowledge of the Microsoft Windows enterprise environment and standard applications (such as Microsoft Office); and familiarity with a Linux or Solaris environment are requirements.
- Experience with trade-floor support as well as familiarity with Python, PowerShell, and/or other scripting languages are pluses but are not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and superb organizational abilities are critical, as this role involves working with global colleagues across a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences on many different projects.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.