As a Software Engineer, you will be working as part of a team of highly experienced, passionate and innovative engineers creating world-leading, safety critical control systems.
Your main responsibilities as a Software Engineer will involve:
- Generating requirements from customers, successfully managing and delivering customer requirements
- Developing software architecture
- Designing, implementing and integrating this technology
Your skills and qualifications as a Software Engineer:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a Scientific/Engineering (electronics-engineering, software-engineering, physics, maths) environment that has included significant programming experience
- Excellent Software Engineering skills, with experience in C/C++
- Practical experience of developing embedded software (e.g. for embedded Linux platforms)
- Experience of interfacing software with hardware
- Experience in UML for software design and a familiarity with software modelling tools (e.g. Simulink or Scade)
- Awareness of scripting languages such as MATLAB, Python or Bash
- Knowledge of Scrum / Agile development
- Working knowledge of Git/Subversion or other configuration management
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, experience of socket programming
- Experience of Linux and Windows application development, with an awareness of software verification
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.