A large Investment Bank is looking to hire a Settlements Associate on a Fixed Term Contract basis.
- Ensure all Bond trades settle on a timely basis within Euroclear market; including Asia, European, US markets as directed by Line Manager. Primary focus will be Euroclear market.
- Liaise with counterparties/clients to resolve all trade settlement issues
- Escalate any settlement issues to the correct distributions immediately keeping relevant departments in the loop
- Support the Line Manager to ensure timely matching, fail mitigation, and post trade issue resolution.
- Carry out reconciliation investigation on all relevant breaking items with a one-day deadline, this includes both Stock and Cash breaks-ensuring the correct escalation process is followed.
- Liaise with Cash Management and traders to resolve failed trades, bond borrow issues and general operational risk.
- Liaise with Treasury department for any overnight repos as and when required.
- Operate within defined process controls and procedures proactively seeking out any risks, escalating and providing ideas to remediate.
- Cross train within Cross Product Services department as directed by Line Management.
- Ensure that statistical data is kept up to date for daily MIS
- Enhancement and Ownership - raising bugs/issues and managing process through to completion.
- Fixed Income Settlement Experience
- Equities Settlements Experience (desirable)
- Extensive experience in Euroclear Settlements
- Market Practices in Repo and bond borrowing / lending
- Nostro reconciliations
- Knowledge of Buy-in process
- European, Asian and US securities settlement
- System knowledge: Gloss, Omgeo CTM (preferable)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.