Get in contact today!
Working with a multinational financial and retail technology company who are looking for a Service Engineer to join their team. In this role the Service Engineer will provide a support and maintenance service for IT systems at premises of the companies customers.
Key Responsibilities of role:
- To act as the Company's 'ambassador' when attending customer site/s for support and maintenance activities
- To liaise with the local customer representative/s in order to diagnose faults and ensurea rapid, accurate and long-term 'fix' to problem
- To complete 'fix', and any necessary preventative maintenance work, to ensure IT equipment is returned to working order as quickly as possible and without the need to return to site to complete further work.
- To ensure local customer representative/s is updated on call progress, fix or future action and likely timescales.
- To liaise with technical support personnel, where additional advice and guidance are needed to affective a 'fix'. To act upon the advice of these staff and ensure a full understanding of their guidance to ensure future learning
- To proactively read technical documentation to ensure technical skills are up-to-date and effective.
- To liaise with internal departments in a positive and professional manner (e.g. Customer Care Centre, Logistics, Contracts Administration, Finance, etc.)
- To provide proactive feedback on territory performance through line management chain to ensure ongoing service performance improvement, cost effective delivery and the dissemination of technical information
Requirements for role:
- Full clean driving license essential.
- Ideally 1 -2 years' experience in either deskside support in an IT company or Field based experience.
- Positive attitude and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Qualification in IT/Business/Mechanics/Electronics
- Company vehicle provided.
- Full training programme provided.
- There will be overtime and shift work.
- You will be expected to travel in Monaghan/Dundalk region aswell as through the North of Ireland.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.