Senior Test Engineer (Automation, Azure, Api) Financial Services - London
A London based financial services company is looking to hire a Senior Test Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. They are looking for a someone who can be the technical lead and work directly alongside the Head of Testing, this a great opportunity to take the next step in your career and grow within a top financial organisation.
The company have recently moved to a new software, as a result, this has led to the adoption of cloud (Azure) centric practices. You will be expected to write, debug and refactor test code across a small number of related teams. Raise risks arising from the automation test results and implement existing test frameworks to improve assurance in testing.
You are expected to be knowledgeable about API Centric patterns, common Cloud (Azure) development patterns and to have hands on knowledge of developing in Azure using PAAS services. They are using APIGEE as their API gateway management product.
Some of the Key Responsibilities:
* Determine a context driven Test Strategy, articulate how the system architecture affects the Test Strategy and draw upon experience to proactively identify environment, data and resource requirements
* Apply knowledge of domain, business, programming (C++, C#, Java) and testing tools & technology (Selenium, Cucumber)
* Use the most relevant techniques to advance the test approach and explore, research and tailor/define different types of testing techniques to drive the approach
* Understand and articulate key design principles and be able to create testing tools to aid with testing from scratch
* Create frameworks from scratch for all types of tests, articulate the difference between Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and adopt the latest test automation techniques
You will have:
* Microsoft Azure - App Services, Service Bus, Azure VM, Azure SQL, Blob Storage, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Data Lake Analytics
* Experience in building Test Automation frameworks using Selenium, Cucumber.
* Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Atlassian Suite, Microservices
* Knowledge of Unit testing frameworks e.g. MS Unit Testing Framework, NUnit, Mocha as well as BDD tools (Spock)
* Agile, Scrum, TDD, BDD
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.