This is a rare in-house tax opportunity in the West Sussex area.
This is a rare in-house tax opportunity in the West Sussex area. This fast-growth UK business is recuriting for a Senior Tax Manager to take responsibility for their UK tax compliance and reporting cycles, managing and overseeing a couple of junior staff and reporting into the Head of Tax. The role will also be involved in managing and providing input from a tax perspective into projects undertaken by Group Finance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare, review and submit Corporate tax computations and returns for all UK companies, including compliance with CFC legislation
- Maintain a tax status register for all UK companies
- Set up and maintain a Tax Risk Register in the format prescribed by Compliance Function
- Liaise with CTSA administration on items including statutory claims and elections, treaty applications etc.
- Liaise with HMRC on local matters
- Fulfil other on-going tax compliance obligations
- Consolidate the tax provision and information needed for disclosure purposes in the consolidated Group accounts
- Calculate the year-end tax provisions, prepare tax disclosure notes on a statutory level for our UK companies and analyse trends as necessary
- Assist the Head of Tax in compiling a report for the Board on the year-end ETR, cash tax position, tax provisions etc. with commentary on variances as required.
- Review, recommend and implement changes to the year-end reporting process including the implementation of controls and processes as required
- Other ongoing ad hoc projects to provide tax input into planned projects such as CbCR, transfer pricing documentation, rationalisation of the legal structure etc
The ideal candidate will be a qualified tax specialist (ACA/CTA) with demonstrable experience in managing tax compliance and tax reporting. They will need good technical knowledge of UK Corporation Tax together with an understanding of tax accounting and reporting under IFRS and/or FRS 101 and 102. Prior experience of using OneSource tax compliance software (for year-end reporting and preparing CT returns) would be an advantage.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.