This leading Banking group is recruiting for a Senior Tax Manager to join their EMEA tax compliance and reporting function based in Canary Wharf.
This leading Banking group is recruiting for a Senior Tax Manager to join their EMEA tax compliance and reporting function based in Canary Wharf. The role is an incremental hire, reporting into the UK Tax Director with oversight of 2 junior team members and the input of an offshore shared service centre team. The role itself will focus on the oversight and day to day management of the UK tax compliance and reporting for the group's UK entities.
- Working in a team dealing with UK tax related matters
- Day to day oversight and management of the UK compliance cycle for all UK entities, including tax return review and timely submission, claims and elections, group matters, R&D claims, Corporate Interest Restriction, tax payments, the Group Payment Arrangement and our account balance with HMRC and any other filings required
- Review of the monthly tax provisions prepared by the team including calculating the tax accruals, as well as the management and reconciliation of the tax balances on the ledger & effective rate analysis
- Responsibility for monitoring the UK Effective Tax Rates and reporting to the US tax team on these, liaising regarding substantiations and support required
- Responsibility for liaising with the US tax team in respect of deferred tax substantiation
- Review of tax numbers and disclosures for statutory accounts
- Ownership of UK tax technical developments and their applicability to the group
- Preparation of responses to HMRC queries regarding tax issues
- Liaising with the UK Financial Control team & Head Office tax department as required
- Supporting the UK Head of Tax with UK tax technical developments and planning as necessary
- Working with the tax team in the overseas shared service centre including occasional travel
- Responsibility for oversight of team processes, controls and monitoring and input into Senior Accounting Officer certification
The ideal candidate will require a detailed understanding of tax accounting and experience of managing the corporation tax compliance and reporting process for a group of entities. Knowledge of financial sector accounting and systems would be an advantage, as would experience of working with US GAAP. They will have more than likely gained senior level experience working in another listed organisation.
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Will Hepworth on 02070920030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.