My client is entering an area of unprecedented growth & are looking for a systems engineer to join us to support the development of a range of state-of-the-art products
Senior Systems Engineer
As an Experienced Systems Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Understanding our customers' challenging needs and developing, validating and managing requirements
- Developing complex system architectures and sub-systems
- Integrating systems containing electronic, mechanical, optical and software sub-systems.
- Verifying that customer needs are satisfied
- Taking accountability for technical work packages
- Providing guidance and coaching to other engineers
- Steering new systems development through implementation of best practice systems lifecycle processes
As an Experienced Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven experience in systems engineers activities in relevant product markets
- Proven experience in requirements and design analysis, modelling and simulation, using tools such as DOORS and Simulink and design methodologies such as SysML
- Proven experience in safety-related systems and safety assessment processes with an understanding of how these processes influence the design
- Significant customer liaison experience for technical issues
- Ability to work with no guidance and make sound strategic decisions
- Practical experience in estimating, planning and tracking engineering activities
- Ability to perform design review assessments and technically guide the work of others
- Detailed electronic engineering experience is highly desirable. Exposure to other engineering disciplines (design, manufacture, etc.) is also desirable.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant Scientific/Engineering subject (e.g. Systems Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Physics or Mathematics)
We are looking for people who:
- Can operate effectively as part of a larger team, demonstrating excellent communication skills
- Can reliably estimate and plan their own work, understanding budget and schedule constraints, and accurately report progress
- Can actively support other team members or other teams and are able to provide constructive feedback
- Are proactive in looking for improvement opportunities
- Are able to context switch and prioritise work
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.