Security engineer, Security Architect, IT Security
Morgan McKinley is currently working with a leading Financial Services client, who are actively seeking a Security Engineer/Architect to join their team in Edinburgh/Stirling - Scotland.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Extensive experience of working in a business facing Information Security role, ideally within a regulated environment.
- Extensive experience of articulating complex requirements as easy to understand security designs.
- Experience of designing for cloud/hybrid and mobile security models.
- An excellent understanding of technology and how it works across applications and infrastructure.
- Detailed working knowledge of infrastructure and application security requirements and solutions.
- Detailed understanding of security technologies, their capabilities, limitations and interoperability.
- An understanding of DevSecOps principles and practices would be an advantage.
- A good understanding of recognised information security management and governance frameworks and architecture (ISO27001, ISF SOGP, COBIT, SABSA etc.)
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team, whilst working on multiple items at the same time.
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into meaningful details for non-specialist audiences.
- A recognised information security qualification (CISSP, CISM etc.). The following qualifications are also desirable:
- Certificate Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- SABSA Chartered Practitioner (SCP)
You will also be required to evidence the following;
- You can tackle complexity and make things simple for customers and those around you.
- You're commercially savvy, you think competitively and you'll seize a good opportunity whether big or small.
- You love to innovate, exploring what matters to customers and creating solutions that make a positive difference.
- You're a team player who can help everyone pull together to achieve shared goals.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.