The successful candidate must have an inquisitive mind, be able to build good working relationships and have the ability to effectively challenge and influence.
Senior Management Accountant
As a Senior Management Accountant, you will be responsible for the co-ordination, planning and execution of monthly reporting, reforecasting throughout the year and 5-year integrated business plan (IBP) within a rapid and changing environment
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Management Accountant will involve:
- Co-ordinating, reviewing and challenging the cost base elements of the in-year forecast and integrated business plan (IBP) for the COO covering manufacturing, sites and facilities, information management and technology, engineering and other support functions.
- Leading on monthly management reporting (MMR) for COO functions, ensuring all deliverables are on time and to a quality standard, briefing finance management on actual performance and forecast
- Collaborating with the wider business to consolidate and report the total cost base.
- Preparing and delivering reports and commentaries for Finance Director, functional directors and executive board
- Coordinating and checking the input of all additional half and full year requirements and ensuring deadlines are met
- Leading monthly balance sheet reviews for various business areas, drive resolution of issues in a timely manner
- Ensure balance sheets are fully understood and are correctly stated
- Ensuring appropriate financial controls and governance are in place, including support to any audit activity
- Taking a pro-active approach to governance and controls at all times
- Managing and motivating the team, including regular performance reviews, objective setting and encouraging personal development
Skills and qualifications:
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or relevant equivalent
- Proficient in using Microsoft products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Reporting, forecasting and budgeting knowledge
- Experience of face to face engagement with a variety of stakeholders at varying levels of the business
- People management skills
- Cost base experience
- Experience of presenting data to all levels in the organisation, and to non-finance audiences
- Experience of a range of finance roles
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.