Fantastic New Permanent role for a Financial Reporting & Tax Analyst
Morgan McKinley's Office Support team are recruiting for a permanent Senior Financial Reporting Tax Analyst Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, the Financial Reporting and Tax Analyst is responsible for financial reporting, month-end closing, general accounting and tax processes, in coordination with the Corporate Finance team based in Europe.
Basis - Permanent, full time
Working hours - Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week
Salary - £40,000 - £50,000 plus Bonus depending on experience
This role is based in Redhill, Surrey. It sits within Central Services providing support and expertise to the business in relation to financial reporting, general accounting and taxes.
- Review indirect tax (VAT and CCL) postings/calculations/returns ensuring compliance with tax rules as well as accuracy and timeliness of data submitted
- Ensure compliance with indirect tax rules, in coordination with the Corporate Finance team and Group
- Be the key contact for queries relating to indirect taxes across the Business
- Review new requirements relating to indirect taxes and ensure required changes/improvements are implemented, including impacts on processes and systems
- Review applicable accounting standards and prepare/maintain accounting policies as and when required to follow constant evolutions in standards and requirements
- Participate to the critical review of existing processes / methods to ensure strict compliance with applicable accounting and financial reporting rules
- Prepare reports / analyses required in relation to Statutory Accounts and other Statutory reporting obligations, in coordination with the Corporate Finance team (in charge of producing Statutory Accounts for the company)
- Execute the monthly closing process. Prepare and post month-end journals in the accounting system (SUN) in a timely and accurate manner. This includes reviewing / challenging calculations performed by other teams
- Contribute to continuously improving financial reporting, general accounting and tax processes and methods, in accordance with applicable accounting and tax rules. Work with other Finance teams and Operational departments as required
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA with PQE experience in indirect taxes, accounting and financial reporting
- Highly numerate with excellent analytical skills. Highly autonomous, self-learning and reliable
- Excellent computer skills (Excel incl. complex formulas and ability to work with large volumes of data)
- Knowledge of SUN system would be a plus
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.