Would you like to manage Non Wintel (Unix and Linux) Security Patching for a market leader within the IT Security space?
Security Patching Manager
As a Security Patching Manager, you will be providing leadership in addressing security vulnerabilities with patching and to co-ordinate activities around patch management. The assurance and governance role purpose is both establishing, maintaining, reviewing and improving the appropriate governance structures and process to assure the effective and consistent patch management across the business.
This role will provide enable you to ensure that the patching policy and strategy is being deployed by all our suppliers and prompt action is taken to identify and rectify any shortcomings
Your main responsibilities as a Security Patching Manager will involve:
- Provide leadership in addressing emerging security vulnerabilities
- Schedule and Run Monthly Patching Cycle meetings
- Agree vendor patches for deployment with Security Oversight
- Agree waivers and exemptions to patching
- Provide assistance and support to Security Operations to enable them to properly manage security incidents related to patching
- Will bring together work groups to resolve issues over a more extended period (weeks/months) and carry out milestone planning
- Drive suppliers to meet agreed patching cycle and associated performance measures
- Understand and contribute to the IT engineering patching and security policy and strategy
Your skills and qualifications:
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Good knowledge of security patch deployment for Unix/Linux environments
- Experience of infrastructure management
- IT Service Operations Management experience within large complex organisations
- Experience in managing deliverables via 3rd party vendors in a high profile and/or technically innovative enterprise solution
- Understanding of SIAM capability
- Degree level or equivalent desirable - IT related ideally
- ITIL Foundation preferred, Practitioner desirable
What we're looking for in you:
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills with a strong ability to persuade and influence client and stakeholder relationships
- Must be able to maintain good work relationships whilst being able to challenge others appropriately and professionally as and when required.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.