Regulatory Lawyer - French, Luxembourg or Italian
- Lead and participate on cross-functional teams to develop and maintain Legal Obligations for the firms businesses in France, Luxembourg and other EMEA countries.
- Collaborate with line of business lawyers to review changes in laws and regulation to determine applicability and impact to the bank
- Liaise with line of business lawyers to respond to questions from the business and corporate functions about Legal Obligations and their impact on particular business lines, products or legal entities.
- Instruct and liaise with external counsel, as required.
- Conduct gap analyses on the completeness and accuracy of Legal Obligations under EU, French and Luxembourg laws and regulations.
- Develop subject matter expertise on products and services offered by the bank, as required.
- Assist with the development of policies, procedures and controls.
- Work with Compliance, Risk and other internal control functions to identify and implement process changes to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Participate in legal and other firmwide projects.
- French or Luxembourg qualified lawyer with a minimum of 5 years' experience obtained in private practice or in-house at a financial institution.
- Background in EU, French and Luxembourg financial regulatory law
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional judgement and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with the business, corporate functions and fellow legal and support professionals.
- Strong analytical and collaborative skills, and ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, project manage and co-ordinate among a wide range of internal stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Italian and Swiss legal frameworks.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.