Python Developer - Contract - London - Financial Services
Job Description (daily responsibilities):
- The daily responsibilities include writing componentized, tested code for web applications which will get deployed to production weekly. All changes are tracked in Jira, and bigger changes are based on design docs in a wiki created and updated together with respective stakeholders. The web applications are internal-facing, and stakeholders are readily available for prioritization, feedback and clarification where required.
- The role is for work which spans several existing applications, used for running and reporting on calculations. The focus is on front-end development, but you should be comfortable making changes to controllers on the server side where necessary to support the front-end work.
- The goal is to componentize existing functionality so it can be reused in similar scenarios, and create new functionality where necessary.
- Appreciation of UX patterns and anti-patterns is a plus, there are no dedicated designers and UX experts on the team. Some knowledge of financial markets and products is preferred but not essential.
Candidate Qualifications (required and desired skillset):
- Degree in Mathematical/Computer/Engineering discipline
- Programming skills: Experience with Python
- Some industry experience working in financial industry
- Programming skills: Experience with Flask or other Python web frameworks
- Programming skills: Experience with UI testing
- Programming skills: Experience with one of: Vue, Angular or React frameworks.
- Ability to work well both alone and in groups within and across functions
- Ability to express yourself clearly in written and spoken English
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.