Would you like to work within a thriving Supply Chain department as a Project Procurement Manager based across our Portsmouth sites?
Project Procurement Manager
You will apply Procurement processes within projects or business functions and will work with other functional representatives and/or customers and suppliers to meet operational needs of line management and the business.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Lead the sourcing and selection of suppliers within an Integrated Project Team, according to Procurement strategy ensuring that Company, Project, Commercial and Technical requirements are considered whilst maintaining the rules of fair competition.
- Ensure that suitable contracts are negotiated and placed with suppliers, including the flow down as appropriate of all necessary conditions from the customer, which minimise risk, protect the commercial interests of the Company.
- Where appropriate be responsible for the external material budget for the Project or subset of the same and it's successful management.
- Where appropriate manage the procurement resource budget for the project (both PPM and shared service) and ensure that this is reported monthly into the project.
- Develop and implement Project Procurement strategies, ensuring alignment with Company, Procurement, Supply Chain and Project strategy, and associated plan ensuring its update, approval and communication during the life of the Project.
- Monitor and control supplier performance, budget and risk and report into the project contract review pack.
- Implement and work according to Procurement Policy, Process and Procedure within the Project.
- Support the Head of Supply Chain in the development and deployment, of key capability strategies and Key Supplier Management activity.
Your skills and qualifications:
- This role will require a good and broad professional knowledge and understanding of Procurement within Supply Chain principles and practices, including an understanding of the impact and implications of decisions made across the wider Supply Chain function.
- Major Procurement Management (incl. But not limited to competitive tendering, supplier sourcing and selection, contract and cost negotiation & management, supplier management)
- Cross-functional team working/ supporting engineering projects/ dealing with internal customers.
- Excellent commercial/ business awareness.
- Current member of CIPS or working towards would be desirable.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.