PR Account Manager
PR Account Manager
Salary - up to £32,000 DOE
Location - Leatherhead
My client are currently recruiting for an experienced PR Account Manager looking for the next step in their career. As Senior Account Manager you will be responsible for the strategic direction and day to day delivery of client accounts.
- Scheduling work and managing the time allocation of each member of the team to service each client's requirements in the most profitable way
- Planning PR and social media campaigns and identifying and presenting additional revenue-earning opportunities to the client where appropriate
- Copy writing and reviewing the copy writing of the team and any other written documents made available to external parties, to ensure the agency is always presented in a professional way
- Leading client meetings
- Dealing with and resolving issues with clients and other external parties
- Acting as the initial sounding board for the team for any internal/HR issues and advice
- Promoting the development of each member of the team to the benefit of the individuals and the clients - identifying and tackling areas for development, recommending internal or external training.
- Cross selling other CIB services and communicating effectively with client services to ensure the smooth delivery of cross-functional projects.
- Analysing and understanding client profitability
- Attending journalist and client events outside of office hours for relationship building / networking
- Previous proven PR experience - minimum 2 years in PR and 5 years account Management experience
- Previous B2B experience
- Having a passion and talent for writing is essential
- Market awareness with the knowledge to provide direction and identify opportunities for the client
- The ability to interpret the clients marketing strategy and develop a strong PR plan and working with budgets
- Able to devise costed new business proposals
- Set own deadlines and those of the two direct reports and being responsible for meeting client demands
- Account managers are also responsible for ensuring that any copy prepared by a direct report is free from grammatical/ spelling errors, is relevant to the target audience and encapsulates the client's key message
- Should be able to sell ideas and proposals to clients and prospects, in an engaging, personable manner - ensuring the key points are clearly communicated and demonstrating real insight
- Should be able to confidently present in a pitch situation
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.