Credit & Collections Accountant
Role - OTC Credit & Collections Accountant
Location - Leeds
Contract - 3 Months
The OTC team focus on providing services such as Credit & Collections, Cash Office Accounting and AR administration.
The C&C Accounting Coordinator will assist and support the Order to Cash department with C&C activities, ensuring that these align with global best practice. The primary objective of this role is to ensure that customers' requests for goods and services are fulfilled in line with our standards.
In addition, the C&C Accounting Coordinator will participate in the setting up of Order to Cash service delivery in Leeds and actively participate in training and testing during the transition of Order to Cash processes.
· Manage customer requests for goods and services
· Provide customer service regarding collections issues
· Responsible for releasing goods in a timely manner
· Process and review account reconciliation, resolve client discrepancies and short payments
· Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
· To collect cash in accordance with targets
· To achieve set DSO targets
· Minimise percentage of overdue debt and bad debts
· Work cooperatively with the AR team and provide payment verification
· Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process
· Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with other areas of the business
· Responding to a significant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis
· Ensuring compliance with the Group Policies, including operating of internal controls over financial reporting
· Stakeholder Management with both internal and external parties
· Debtor and Creditor profile management
· Participation in migration of accounting processes to BBS and support migration of other functions (e.g. PTP, RTR, Procurement, Customer Services, HR).
· The role may require work on some weekend/public holidays for half year and year-end periods.
· Continuous improvement focus to bring more operations into automated data flow when possible
· Identify possible improvements to processes and procedures that facilitate accurate and timely financial information and reporting.
Qualifications & Experience
· Chartered Institute of Credit Management Qualification - Certificate & Diploma in Credit & Collections Level 2 or above is a must
· Previous experience in C&C Accounting.
· Knowledge of SAP experience (or any other purchasing order systems) preferred.
· Luxury fashion retail industry experience preferred.
· Ability to manage workload independently
· Track record of working well under pressure to achieve deadlines
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey information succinctly and concisely to non-finance team members.
· Builds effective relationships through interpersonal skill and technical expertise to aid cross-functional working, delivery and a sense of collaboration and teamwork.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.