NETWORK ENGINEER - CCNA, CCNP, VPN, IP, LAN/WAN, R&S
Morgan McKinley is delighted to continue to support a successful well-established firm with the appointment of a Network Operations Specialist in support of their Global Networking Engineering team.
This exciting position will work as part of a Global, multi-locational and cross-matrix team in a dynamic environment and you'll have the opportunity to work closely with other teams including Service Desk, Platforms, Information Security and User Services.
Who are you ?
- Candidates should have as a minimum a CCNA qualification, but ideally holding or working actively towards CCNP
- Branch & Data Centre Switching & Routing
- Wireless technologies, setup, troubleshooting and security
- Enterprise Firewalls especially CheckPoint and Palo Alto
- Internet routing and security
- Understanding of cloud technologies is a big plus
- Common interior and exterior routing protocols
- Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN technologies
- Proxy technologies, Bluecoat or McAfee
- Load Balancers
- IP Address management and network services such as DNS, DHCP and NTP
- Network management, monitoring & Diagnostic Tools
- Network probes and packet capture analysis
What you'll do
- Proactively own incidents, problems or issues adhering to SLA's and OLA's where relevant
- Act as a technical resource for change requests and project works
- Act as a technical resource for maintenance, firmware upgrades, and recurring patch cycles
- Utilise documented Standard Operating Procedures and other documentation provided
- Work using Servicenow to update incidents and requests
- Shift work, weekend work and being on-call will be required
If you are a Network Support Specialist, or a 1st/2nd line support engineer with experience in working in a medium to large enterprise environment, with a good understanding of supporting Networks, or if you are a Support Engineer looking to expand your knowledge, please feel free to apply.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.