Network Design Engineer - must have current SC - initial 6 month contract - South Wales
As a Network Design Engineer you will have to:
- Attend Site Survey Meeting
- Conduct site survey of active equipment and associated passive infrastructure
- Complete Site Specific Design documentation
- Check Active BoM meets expectations and matches Site Specific Design requirements
- Perform active installation - includes removal of existing hardware and installation of replacement hardware
- Experience in writing/updating the configurations on switches and routers where faults are found
- Perform re-patching on a like for like basis after switch replacement if necessary
- Produce 'As Fitted' documents
- Action rejections and re-work requests, ensuring deliveries remain on target
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent experience
- Hold a current Cisco CCNA
- Detailed familiarity of site preparation and construction including: rack installation, electrical wiring & loading, wall penetrations, safety practices, etc.
- Knowledge of interior & exterior fibre optic and copper cable wiring, including single-mode, multimode and hybrid fibre optic cable, shielded and unshielded Category 5e cable, and termination and testing of new and legacy systems
- Knowledge of Health & Safety of Electrical Installations
- Currently hold Security Clearance to SC level or above
- Ideally hands on recent experience of rolling out switches and routers to security cleared sites
. Supporting certifications a bonus.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.