Global investment bank seeks a VP level Credit Officer to cover a portfolio of FI and NBFI across EMEA in their Paris office.
- Responsibility for a portfolio of predominately Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFIs) clients, with a focus on funds and asset managers, but also including insurance companies and broker dealers. Depending on experience the portfolio may include some Bank counterparties.
Counterparty risk management
- Perform detailed credit analysis of financial information, including published and management reports, financial models, fund newsletters, etc. and appropriate sensitivity scenarios.
- Liaise with clients and potential clients to test and authenticate the information supplied with a view of determining a sound credit opinion of the risks involved.
- Manage the end-to-end credit risk process, including liaising with Front Office on credit limit requests, assessing credit risk ratings, analysing credit profiles of the counterparties and evaluating limit requests versus the established counterparty risk appetite, managing credit limit structures.
- Provide input and advice on the credit terms of and support the negotiation of legal documentation, including GMRA and ISDA with CSA.
Transaction risk assessment
- Undertake risk analysis on new and existing transactions for customers with a particular focus on global markets, commodities and derivative products.
- Provide assistance to the Front Office on time-sensitive ad-hoc trading requests.
- Ongoing monitoring of the credit-worthiness of the portfolio, using a variety of sources as well as ongoing direct contact with clients.
- Maintaining the bank's database of client, product and industry information to support effective portfolio management.
- Monitoring, management and reporting of customer positions including limit excesses (and if relevant alerting the relevant support functions when trade exposures are incorrectly reported) and the monitoring of non-payment of/disputed collateral calls.
- Liaise with internal departments - within Credit Risk, as well as with Legal/Documentation, Operations, Compliance, Market/Country Risk, Front Office, Management etc.
Team and Senior Management Support
- Involvement in and oversight of relevant projects and New Product Processes (NPPs) which relate to the credit risk management of relevant Financial Institution clients.
- Supporting team members in their own relationship management efforts where necessary, including by assisting with ad-hoc credit analysis, performing the secondary credit manager function, etc.
- Provide support to the Head of Financial Institutions Credit Risk, London and the Global Head: Financial Institutions Credit.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- A degree, or equivalent in an appropriate discipline
- Experience of working in a regulated environment, ideally Financial Services
- Proven track record of performance in Financial Services
- Credit analysis experience, ideally covering funds/NBFIs
- Pays attention to detail
- Strong written & Oral communication skills
- Well organised
- Client mind-set
- Results and solutions orientated
- High level of integrity
- Global mind-set
The role would suit someone who is:
- Able to navigate complexity
- Able to work in ambiguity
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.