Middleware Engineer - London - Financial Services - £500 per day
A large Financial Services company based in London is looking to hire a Middleware Engineer to join their team. You will be responsible for designing, maintaining and developing the application hosting farm.
Provide analysis of business requirements, identify opportunities and pursue these in line with business objectives, with a focus on systems, process, automation and documentation.
Some key responsibilities;
* Installation, implementation, upgrading, migration, performance, security, patching and monitoring of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment (WASND) and Tomcat environments.
* Planning and execution of migrating WebSphere Application Server (WAS) from 7 to latest versions
* Maximizing availability and performance for all WASND and IBM HTTP Server Plugins and IBM HTTP Server systems
* Migrating application from Websphere to Tomcat and Springboot.
* Working with platform team to build CD pipeline.
* Software Release Management, Build, Packaging, and Deployments
* Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery automation solutions
* Enterprise Security practicalities
* Develop and deliver Technical and Automation solutions, aligned with the infrastructure strategy.
* Experienced administrating Websphere Application server and Tomcat
* Experienced upgrading WebSphere application server version from 7 to 8/9
* IBM HTTPS Server (IHS)
* Linux (SUSE/RED Hat/CentOS) & WebSphere MQ
* Scripting experience - BASH/Python/yaml/jython
* Experienced in Web services (e.g., SOAP, Rest, WSDL, etc.)
* Experience in problem determination, administration, and performance tuning.
* High availability and clustering concepts
* Good understanding of DevOps benefits and concepts
* CI/CD, software release management
* Some experience with Ansible, Terraform, Packer, GIT or equivalent
* Working knowledge of Cloud
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.