A global Investment Bank is hiring a Trade Support, Derivative Operations AVP to join their Middle Office & Operations team in central London.
- Provide Trade Support services to the Derivatives Business, this includes both OTC and Exchange traded Derivatives.
- Develop front-to-back understanding within the team, ensuring staff have clearly defined responsibilities and fully understand the risks associated to their process.
- Assist with the evolution of the Derivatives Support function, evaluate the go-forward operating model and enable new business initiatives.
- Work closely with technology, establish required system enhancements, drive prioritisation and plan/manage change for the function.
- Contribute towards simplifying any complex, inefficient process' and show demonstrable improvement
- Ensure the functions regulatory responsibilities are understood with processes and controls established to ensure compliance.
- Daily Approval, releasing and authorising of all derivative confirmations and cash flows.
- Manage operational processing around Compression cycles for cleared swap transactions.
- Responding to Front Office enquires and clearing issues.
- Timely management of exceptions in trade flow, with appropriate escalation for aged items.
- Control framework, including risk self-assessments and escalation through the Operational Risk Framework.
- Review and monitor department reconciliations and Management Regulatory Reporting (EMIR) partnering with outsource provider.
- SME capabilities of ETD/OTC Derivatives from trade booking to settlement.
- Equivalent experience at an Investment Bank, working in a Derivative Middle / Back Office capacity.
- Full understanding of Derivative Products and their lifecycle events.
- Knowledge of Derivative products (including TRS and Equity Swaps, CDS, Swaps, NDF, Convertible Bond Options and Futures) process and associated regulation;
- Front to back understanding of Derivative Trade Flow, including Trade Capture, Confirmation, Settlements, Compression and Valuations.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.