Location - Watford
Salary - up to £43,000 DOE
My NFP are looking for a Story Manager who will lead the strategic development of their Story Function and management of the story team. The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering a cross organisational strategy. The Media/Story Manager will lead a dedicated team, providing strategic direction and support, allowing them to work with some of the young people willing to take part in our events. You will have the skills to generate a good story, know how to develop it for multi-media use either for traditional or social media or as part of a public campaign..
Skills & Attributes:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent (desirable)
- Professional qualification/experience in media storytelling (required)
- Proven ability to plan, prioritise and manage a large and complex workload.
- Budget management, reporting and business case development.
- Strong presentation, influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to drive forward the brand strategy and our goal of being a digital leader
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A problem solver
What will you need?
While previous experience in a charity organisation would be advantageous, someone with a good mix of public and private sector experience would also make an ideal candidate.
- You will have good people skills and be able to build excellent working relationships across the charity.
- Within your previous roles, you will have demonstrated the ability to direct, manage and motivate a busy story team effectively whilst successfully showing strong leadership .
- The successful applicant will have excellent brand management and communication skills - with a good understanding of the role of storytelling within a charity as well as a successful track-record in a multimedia story producer role.
- They will need to be able to manage complex relationships, be ready to solve problems and also have challenging discussions when necessary.
- The successful candidate will be expected on occasions to work between our offices in both London and Watford as well as occasional travel across the UK.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.