Global investment bank seeks AVP or VP level Market risk Manager for their Structured Credit trading business.
Here in our London office we are looking for a Global Markets Risk Manager to manage the market risks within the Global Credit trading business in Europe. Product coverage include but are not limited to corporate bonds, loans, TRS, CDS, CDS indices, options, tranches, CLOs and CLNs across the capital structure, including distressed products. Employees in EMEA benefit from working in a company that invests each year in leading-edge technology, and from working in a company that excels in delivering operating services.
Our team expects excellence, rewards high performance, develops its leaders, encourages innovation, demands integrity, cultivates trust and teamwork, and promotes diversity and inclusion. That culture, combined with market leadership and a wide array of professional opportunities, enables us to attract and retain the brightest minds in the business.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Identify and analyse all significant risks across the line of businesses and ensure Senior Management are kept informed.
- Report and monitor positions against Market Risk limits.
- Liaise closely with the business to detail any overages and set limits.
- Review risks related to new products, non-standard trades, structured deals and new business strategies.
- Working with the business and other support functions to assess the risks and ensure they are within the firm's risk appetite.
- Identify risk concentration under which the business could incur material losses.
- Validate and produce information that is distributed to the regulators.
- Assist in ad-hoc risk related queries, drill down analysis, VaR analysis or risk trends.
- Contribute to the development of the Market Risk team and to the positive working environment.
- Represent the Market Risk function in cross functional projects - migration and larger scale system changes.
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Experience with credit trading across the credit spectrum from investment grade to distressed including structured products.
- An understanding of fixed income markets, asset classes and products (structures, valuations, risk metrics, correlations, etc.).
- An understanding of market risk metrics, credit, the Greeks, VaR and stress scenarios.
- Experience with INTEX, cash flow models and CLO pricing is a plus.
- Handle disputes, negotiate with traders and enforce difficult decisions.
- Exceptionally detailed oriented, self-motivated and driven to make improvements.
- Degree in numerate subjects or equivalent experience.
- Market Risk management experience at a financial institution.
- Proficient in Excel (VBA skills are desirable) and database management.
- Excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal).
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.