Global investment bank seeks Director level Market risk Manager as part of its expanding Macro team.
As part of the Macro Market Risk Management team, the role will cover the trading desks under the Rates and FX businesses.
The Risk Manager provides additional and independent information to the business to enhance decision making, whilst providing a control environment which satisfies the objectives set by the regulators.
Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the risk reporting, production, and review process, and making themselves aware of the significant market risks in the businesses they cover in the process.
- Execute strong risk management for market risks: challenging the business as appropriate, whilst facilitating the business to grow in a scalable and controlled manner. Create and deploy metrics as required to monitor and control the business's risk.
- Interact with key stakeholders / desk heads at a senior level, and covering for senior forums as required such as regulator meetings and senior management meetings.
- Architect scenario stresses for market events to guard against sudden market volatility, as well as exposing the book's vulnerabilities.
- Lead the risk appetite and limit setting process for the business, weighing up factors such as budgets, market liquidity, and growth in products and client base.
- Ensure strong governance is instilled and followed in the team.
- Take a leadership role in executing Stewardship across market risk processes, leading by example.
- Mentor the more junior members of the team across London and Mumbai.
- Very strong risk management experience across European Rates businesses: including (but not limited to) Euro and Sterling Rates Options, Sterling and Euro Inflation - both linear and non-linear such as LPI, as well as experience across various Structures Rates Options desks, including Exotics and Hybrids desks.
- Some market risk management experience across other aspects of Macro, covering largely G10, as well as some EM currencies.
- Experience in Valuations essential, particularly for Structured Rates products. Familiarity of IPV process, and FVA application across this area, including for core Structures Rates products such as Bermudan Options.
- Ability and propensity to be able to analyse trade specifics for complex or exotic trades, coupled with ability to understand model inconsistencies arising from booking approximations or techniques.
- Ability to propose, create, and deploy appropriate risk views, including creation of new metrics or scenarios, in order to visualise and subsequently summarise risk for management.
- Experience required on the market risk process side: the ability to disentangle and unpick processes / attestations with a view to improving them.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint absolutely required.
- Applied math knowledge, with an ability to understand and employ quantitative or statistical analysis.
- Motivated self-starter, able to operate from day one with minimal supervision essential.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.