Litigation Technical Lead
Role: Litigation Technical Lead
Location: Croydon or Leeds
Contract: 4 months
To provide technical legal supervision and support to a team providing claimant legal services on claims that are litigated, complex and/or high value, ensuring the provision of accurate, high quality and compliant advice and supporting the professional development of the team through technical coaching and the dissemination of specialist knowledge.
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with other Technical Leads to provide technical support and supervision across your function to ensure the provision of a high quality and compliant service, taking accountability for decisions in line with your delegated authority and escalating to your team leader as necessary
- Undertake extensive research as required to identify the relevant Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) section or case law to assess prospects
- Act as a subject matter expert on relevant areas of law, applying legal knowledge and experience to help fellow team members deal with novel and/or complex situations including the provision of guidance on legal research best practice
- Support the development of technical legal knowledge and expertise across your function through coaching, functional and individual training needs analysis and, in conjunction with HR and/or the Legal Practice team, facilitate and deliver technical training and development interventions
- Proactively keep up to date with developments in relevant areas of law, knowledge sharing within Technical Lead community
- Provide technical support and input into any change design and implementation to ensure opportunities for improvement are optimised and that technical compliance/standards are not compromised
- Contribute to the proactive management of risk across the function, with a focus on those risks associated with standards of legal practice and regulatory compliance
- Qualified solicitor with relevant litigation experience and expertise, enough to be considered a subject matter expert and deliver the requirements of this role with credibility and from a position of knowledge.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.