A leading opportunity for a Lead Fund Oversight Specialist has become available at my well known client in Horsham.
Job Title: Lead Fund Oversight Specialist
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
Are you looking for an exciting new role, based away from City with all the benefits that a global business can offer?
Are you a really good communicator who is excellent at analysing and solving problems?
Do you know about hedged products, calculation methodologies and collateral management and have a strong experience of CASS?
I am working on an exciting opportunity for a Lead Fund Oversight Specialist and the role will be based at my clients fantastic new Head Office based in Horsham, West Sussex.
Other teams within that office are home to their client servicing, product reporting and operational oversight for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
With the same high standards and international reputation as their HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different.
What is the role?
We're looking for someone to oversee the work of one of the third-party suppliers. That means not being afraid to speak up and tackle problems when they come up.
You'll also help your lead and manage the established and successful team.
What is involved in this new role?
- Help develop team members
- Help prioritise and assign work to the team
- Help manage how we sort out problems
- CASS governance and preparation of papers for committee meeting
- CASS breach reviews
- CASS statement oversight
- Manage the relationship with transfer agent, always looking for ways to improve
- Help deliver a risk-based oversight model of the transfer agent
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the transfer agency platform
- Oversee FX services, including reviewing daily reports, checking calculations and monitoring spreads and prices
- Oversee reconciliation: cash, stock, units in issue and tri-party
- Oversee NAV validation and controls
- Oversee month-end global close NAV
- Make sure controls are followed, and that exceptions are escalated quickly
- Maintain fair value and swing policy and make sure it happens
- Set up, maintain and oversee outsourced supplier processing
- Mange risk events and errors and make sure they don't happen again
- Contribute to annual due-diligence visits to TPAs
- Liaise with the Portfolio Ops team on trading and corporate action problems
- Draft and maintain best-practice procedures
- Help prepare SLAs to support processes
- Work with stakeholders to make sure requirements are met and service is in line with the SLA
- Contribute to management information and key performance management that senior management need
- Help design and implement updates or enhancements to processes and systems
- Calculate and provide in-specie portfolio and income data to the Transitions team
- Co-ordinate fund tax liabilities and provide accruals to TPA
- Review quarterly swing factor calculations
- Produce technical data on business change
- Review investor tax reporting for Luxembourg SICAVs
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Knowledge of how funds work
- Knowledge of hedged products, calculation methodologies and collateral management
- A strong working knowledge of transfer agency platforms and processes
- A significant level of fund operations experience
- Experience of BestX or other transaction cost analysis applications
- Good with Microsoft applications, including Excel to an intermediate level
- Good with numbers
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.