Are you an assistant Buyer looking for a challenging and diverse buying role within an innovative Global business
In this varied role where you will be both procurement and project facing; buying a diverse range of products from small components to high value subcontract items. As well as working on your own projects and supporting Senior Buyers with critical projects
In this role your day to day responsibilities as a Buyer will involve:
- Maintaining effective relationships with suppliers, internal project teams and functions to ensure the timely receipt of material to meet the requirements of the business
- Receiving requisitions and demands, negotiate with suppliers, and process Purchase Orders and Purchase Order amendments in accordance with Procurement processes and procedures, and the requirements of the business.
- Understanding the budget requirements for the Purchase Orders they are responsible for, and to support achievement of these requirements through effective negotiation with their supplier.
- Obtaining and communicating progress updates from suppliers in an effective manner, and be capable of resolving issues in a satisfactory manner.
- Understanding when to escalate more critical issues to senior members of staff.
- Maintaining Supplier open order books and ensure that correct and current data is maintained in the Oracle ERP system.
- Processing supplier returns, ensuring these are actioned in a timely manner.
- Understanding and supporting the implementation of corporate Procurement processes and initiatives as appropriate to their area of responsibility
- Supporting other members of the Procurement Team as required in their daily responsibilities
What we're looking for in you:
- Experience within a procurement or similar commercial function
- Excellent communication skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Good level of computer literacy
- HNC/HND in Business Studies
- MCIPS/Degree level or equivalent qualification - MCIPS study support available - would be desirable
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.