Junior Accountant is responsible for execution of specified Record to Report ("RTR")
Role: RTR Accountant
Contract: 3 Months
- Accurate and timely month-end and periodic reporting, including submissions to Group Finance and Business Partners
- Ensure all compliance and regulatory requirements are met
- Ensure general accounting is accurate and complies with Group accounting policies and local requirements
- Prepare and deliver specific audit requirements (both internal and external)
- Deliver management and statutory reporting requirements
- Prepare statutory accounts for the assigned entities
- Continuous improvement of processes and controls
- The successful candidate will participate in the establishment of the new team, working with a project team to transition from the existing arrangements, ultimately taking responsibility for delivering specified activities in Leeds
- Preparation and execution of RTR transactions such as payroll, accruals, prepayments, intercompany recharges, fixed asset, inventory and other GL journal types
- Reconciliation of RTR balances
- Preparation of RTR reports
- Month end processes:
- Journal preparation and execution
- Agreement of intercompany positions
- Preparation and submission of tax returns
- Reconciliation and confirmation of specific balance sheet accounts including sub-ledger accounts (e.g. AR, VAT, Inter-company)
- Completion of half year and year end additional financial information
- Preparation of analyses and support for internal and external audit requirements, liaising with the auditors and colleagues across the business as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Part-qualified accountant or willing to start studying for an accounting qualification.
- SAP training and certification is a plus
- Relevant accounting experience. SAP and retail or FMCG industry experience preferred.
- Worked within a multicurrency environment; understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates on reported results is desirable
- Experience working in an accounting team in a Shared Service environment is desirable
- Good Excel skills with experience of working with large data sets
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.