Global Asset Management firm seeks an AD level Investment Oversight Risk Manager as part of its expanding Risk function ...nding
The risk team covers the management oversight of risk profile including key risk frameworks, policies and procedures and oversight and challenge processes. The team partner with the businesses to manage its risk profile within a defined risk appetite.
The team is growing, covering all facets of risk management including investment, operational, enterprise, and technology risk. The function is currently being strengthened to enhance global risk type coverage across regions.
Investment Management Risk Oversight:
The Investment Risk Oversight team forms part of Global Risk and is responsible for the framework and governance of all aspects of Investment Risk including market risk, derivatives risk, sub-advised risk, fund liquidity risk and (fund and corporate) counterparty risk. The team also provides oversight of the Operational Risk and Model Risk associated with the Investment Process
Purpose of your role
The primary function of the role is to provide oversight all aspects of investment risk. The individual will be expected to focus on the implementation of the relevant investment risk frameworks in the region and the work closely with colleagues in Continental Europe and Asia to develop effective frameworks and ensuring best practice and knowledge sharing across the group.
In addition to risk frameworks the individual will be responsible for oversight of operational risk within the investment process and thematic reviews in the region.
The individual will be expected to work effectively as part of a matrix organisation with a direct reporting line into the Head of Investment Risk Oversight in the UK.
* Support the head of the department with establishing and implementing risk and governance framework for the oversight of investment risk.
* Provide relevant management information including the escalation of material issues to senior management, including materials for oversight committees
* Follow up and tracking of risk mitigation plans and actions
* Design and implement risk frameworks, policies and procedures for all the entities located in the region of employment , including implementation of new regulatory requirements
* Assist with any ad hoc projects including request for proposals and undertake thematic risk reviews relating to investment risk management matters. Attend regulatory and client meetings, investment oversight committees and from time to time Audit & Risk Committee meetings
* Prepare and present risk reports and/or thematic risk reviews at board and/or authorized manager meetings
* Act as contact person on investment risk matters to the internal and external auditors as well as to the local regulator Stakeholder management at all levels across the organisation including the investment team and fund managers
* To develop and maintain a strong external professional network to keep abreast of external developments and ensure they are introduced to the organisation as and when appropriate. This includes attending Industry Forums
* To establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with all key internal stakeholders for example the heads of the first line of defence teams and other second line of defence heads
Experience and Qualifications Required
* Proven risk expertise and knowledge of all/any of the key areas of investment risk:
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with other internal functions and senior management
* Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to face off to senior peers and stakeholders
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a hands-on mentality
* Dedicated to maintaining high standards including attention to detail.
* Detailed knowledge and experience of working in the financial services sector
* A proven understanding of Fixed Income and multi-asset products
* The ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.