Brand new opportunity for financial journalists or investment writers to move to a leading asset manager in a broad and varied writing role
This is a brand new role working for a City-based, innovative investment house, writing for both institutional and wholesale audiences. Working as part of a small, close-nit investment communications team, this is a multi-faceted writing role for investment writing executives looking for a new challenge or for editors and financial journalists who are looking to move in-house.
Investment Writer's responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Writing and editing investment commentaries, newsletters, content for marketing materials, thought leadership pieces and fund reports with the aim of producing engaging content for both existing and potential investors.
- Working closely with the digital and graphics teams on the production of engaging infographics and snappy posts for social media
- Performing investment research and demonstrating an awareness of the macroeconomic climate impacting investment management and the company's product offerings
- Working directly with portfolio managers, product specialists and the sales team to produce factually accurate content on equities, fixed income, alternatives and ESG products
- Liaison with compliance teams on a regular basis to ensure content is in line with regulations and fully compliant
- Adapting to a changing work environment, getting involved in projects on an ad hoc basis and adhering to tight deadlines at month, quarter and year end.
The ideal Investment Writer will:
- Have previous experience writing on Asset Management products, either in-house or for a financial services publication as a journalist, with work samples to demonstrate
- Have a good understanding of investment products and investment language
- Be a confident relationship builder, working with internal stakeholders
- Be tenacious and adaptable to cater for varying investment communications needs.
- Be able to work in an entrepreneurial, 'start-up' environment producing high quality work in a high-pressure environment.
Salary: £30,000-40,000 + competitive benefits + discretionary bonus
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.