Role: Inventory Administrator
Contract: 3 Months
Junior Accountant is responsible for execution of specified Record to Report ("RTR") Inventory tasks within the Finance function in accordance with agreed service level agreements and key performance indicators.
The major objectives of this role are:
* Accurate and timely month-end and periodic reporting, including submissions to Group Finance and Business Partners
* Ensure all compliance and regulatory requirements are met
* Ensure general accounting is accurate and complies with Group accounting policies and local requirements
* Prepare and deliver specific audit requirements (both internal and external)
* Deliver management and statutory reporting requirements
* Process stock takes for EMEIA and US stores
* Provide assistance with budgeting forecasting process
* Preparation and execution of inventory transactions
* Reconciliation of inventory balances
* Preparation of inventory reports
* Conduct stock takes twice a year
* Month end processes:
* Journal preparation and execution
* Agreement of intercompany inventory positions
* Preparation and submission of inventory reports
* Reconciliation and confirmation of inventory balance sheet accounts including sub-ledger accounts
* Completion of half year and year end additional financial information
* Ensuring compliance with the Group Policies, including operating of internal controls over financial reporting
* Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during stock takes period and half year and year end periods.
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field is required.
* Part-qualified accountant or willing to start studying for an accounting qualification.
* SAP training and certification is a plus.
* Relevant accounting experience. SAP and retail or FMCG industry experience preferred.
* Accounting role within a large, listed, multinational company is a plus. Worked within a multicurrency environment; understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates on reported results is a plus.
* Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
* Good Excel skills with experience of working with large data sets.
* Ability to build strong relationships, both with the wider Finance team
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Observes corporate policies and business values.
* Thinks conceptually and identifies and addresses future.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.