Global asset manager hiring for a senior writer with expertise on the pensions market.
Global asset manager are looking to hire a senior investment writer to join the team. This role will be focused on their institutional DB pensions market, so successful candidates must have knowledge of Fixed Income, LDI and Hedging.
- Generate ideas for powerful content that can influence each stage of the client journey, in line with business strategic objectives.
- Develop fresh ways to market content across different media, including blogs, long-form writing, video, podcasts and social channels.
- Build productive relationships with investment professionals, colleagues in Distribution and other stakeholders across the business.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of funds and solutions, while monitoring macroeconomic developments and industry trends.
- Contribute to a collaborative and inclusive workplace culture.
- Produce accurate and compliant fund commentary for regular reports, with a focus on fixed income, against tight deadlines; coordinate and proof-read content from external writers.
- Provide support to the broader Marketing team, such as producing events copy, award submissions and comment for the news media.
Essential knowledge/skills for the role:
- Deep knowledge of DB pensions and institutional investors
- Minimum 5 years experience of writing at an asset manager, agency or news outlet covering the industry
- BA/BS in English (or a comparable Arts or Languages degree), Economics, Finance or Marketing preferred
- Editing and proof-reading experience.
- Experience of leveraging social media to promote content.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; proficiency in writing for a variety of audiences.
- A strong command of global financial markets and investment themes - in particular fixed income and liability-driven investment.
- A keen sense of business priorities, and an ability to quickly grasp and communicate the relevance and distinguishing characteristics of one investment approach over another.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of different stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and project-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, in order to effectively interact with senior executives, investment teams, Marketing colleagues as well as external partners.
- Strategic and creative thinker with attention to detail - ability to work independently.
Desirable knowledge/skills for the role:
- Experience in writing for blogs, hosting or producing podcasts and conducting video interviews.
- Experience in crafting messages for social media platforms.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.