Infrastructure Analyst - Mac OS
Role: Infrastucure Analyst
Contract: 3 Month rolling
This role is to provide first and second line support directly to the client's end users in a professional and friendly manner; the key aim being to provide a fix to the end user issue at initial contact and failing that take ownership of the issue and work with the relevant support channels whilst maintaining regular communications with the end user until resolved.
The successful applicant will be required to respond to complex problems by proactively investigating root cause, whilst if necessary delivering workaround for business continuity and ultimately a permanent resolution.
● Take ownership of the issue and provide regular communication of the progress of investigations and planned solutions to customers, whilst managing their level of expectation.
● Experience of providing direct end user support with excellent customer service skills
● Working on the client site in a direct client facing support role.
● The role holder would be expected to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the client's technology standards and procedures.
● Working closely with the on-shore and off-shore infrastructure/service desk teams to provide second line technical support, ensuring assigned calls are responded to, diagnosed and resolved swiftly and effectively in line with operational and service level agreements. Ensure outstanding calls are regularly updated to reflect their status.
● On-site interface for key third parties support teams for incident resolution
Core capabilities required
● Exceptional customer service and support skills essential.
● Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and own customer issues.
● Experience in deskside support or other user support function.
● In-depth, hands on 'problem solving' expertise in desktop hardware, operating systems and software packages - e.g. Apple OSX and the Google Application Suite, Windows 7 and the MS Office suite; indicated by for example MCP level accreditation.
● A good working knowledge of a wide variety of ICT hardware. e.g. desktops, laptops, notebooks, Multi-Function Printers (MFP) and other peripheral devices. A good understanding of structured cabling or Wi-Fi connectivity e.g. Cisco routers, switches, Wireless Access Points (WAP) and managed cabling.
● To provide support for Smartphones, iPads, iPhones etc.
● In-depth, hands on 'problem solving' expertise in corporate platform and application delivery. e.g. Citrix client, cloud-based Google Applications.
● Certified Diagnostic Engineer status with a primary manufacturer e.g. Apple, HP etc.
● Contribute expertise to network issues.
● Work with the on-shore and off-shore infrastructure/service desk teams for problems that affect the desktop, server or network operating systems within SLA.
● Demonstrate overall initiative and an understanding of the client's network and an overview of their business model to ensure efficient and reliable day-to-day operation.
● Other duties as requested by line management as appropriate.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.