Information Security, Security policies, Splunk, Firewalls
Morgan McKinley is currently working with a leading Professional Services firm who are eager to get an Information Security Practitioner on board to join their team.
You will be responsible for establishing and coordinating information security governance, monitoring and enhancing security efforts and practice.
As the Information Security Practitioner, you will be responsible for evaluating the existing IT Security operations, driving forward the Information Security operation based on local and group requirements and obligations.
- Ensure that the Company's security policy is maintained in line with business requirements.
- Drive an evolution of the firm's IT security policies to maintain best practice when compared to both industry peers and stakeholder expectations
- Own the lifecycle of IT Security initiatives from inception and design through to completion and transition into business as usual. Track and demonstrate progress at all stages
- Act as subject matter expert on matters of security relating to legal and regulatory compliance
- Co-ordinate response to security incidents and breaches to ensure any impact is contained and relevant information obtained to facilitate analysis and improvement plans.
- Raise the profile of security within the organisation by being proactively involved with stakeholders and customers. Provide consultation and/or education as needed and drive the adoption of security as a value add / best practice.
- Ensure key documents that record permissions and exceptions are maintained for review for example third party connectivity.
- Facilitate the IT involvement in any external security audits.
- Manage the risk of unavailability of services by ensuring that Disaster Recovery and Business continuity planning are considered as part of implementation and change, and that constant review and testing takes place to ensure solutions are effective and meet requirements.
- Information Security / Cyber Security experience within a growing organisation.
- Experience with business continuity, risk management and incident management
- Proven track record of project management skills
- 3+ years of information security experience
- Experience of delivering IT Security solutions
- Preferably two or more years of experience working with information security in a multi-office environment with cross-functional teams and enterprise programs
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Appropriate industry certifications, and experience with NIST and ISO standards is an advantage
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.