Head of Security Operations, Head of SOC, Security Strategy, Cyber Security
The Head of Security Operation) will be responsible for developing and leading a high performing Security Operations function for a Financial Services client based in Scotland. This role will report directly to the CISO, and oversee Threat & Vulnerability Management and Detection & Response functions.
The role holder:
- Accountable for delivery of Security Operations services
- Will engage with the wider business to understand the risks and threats to and use this to inform requirements for the Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- Will develop a hybrid SOC with the people, processes and technologies required to detect and respond to sophisticated cyber security threats across all technologies used
- Collaborate with cyber strategy and architecture functions to maintain an ongoing Security Operations strategy to align with business objectives
The role requires:
- Strong operational delivery capability, internally and via 3rd party providers
- strategic vision to provide leadership and direction to develop best in class Security Operations capability
- Significant collaboration and stakeholder management across the organisation
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business undergoing significant change, take a key role in a large-scale multi-million pound security transformation programme and develop a high performing Security Operations function.
The candidate should have a proven track record of:
- Leading operational capability delivering services in a large corporate environment
- Leading a significant programme, project or strategic initiative.
- Working in cross-functional teams as part of significant transformational project.
- Demonstrating strong leadership skills and an ability to build relationships across a wider business.
- Influencing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Delivering persuasive messages with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Managing cyber security incidents and effectively working under pressure.
The candidate should also have significant experience and understanding of cyber security, preferably including:
- Designing and building SOCs.
- Using cyber security frameworks.
- Working within threat and vulnerability management and detection and response functions.
Skilled relationship management across multiple stakeholders and cultures
- Analytical mindset - to critically analyse plans and highlight critical paths, risks and gaps
- Strong influencing skills - to effectively drive the leadership team and delivery leads
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.