Head of Outsourced Services Risk
Outsourced Services Governance responsibilities
Governance and Control
- Implement and maintain a framework which allows the Bank to manage the risks from the services that it outsources.
- Chair the Outsourced Services Committee ensuring that it has an appropriate mandate and operates effectively.
- Source, consider and challenge management information ("MI") relating to the performance and risk profile of the Bank's outsourced services.
Management and Leadership
- Act as the senior point of contact within the Bank for all matters relating to the governance of the Bank's outsourced services.
- Provide effective representation of the Outsourced Services Governance function in internal forums and committees.
- Maintain collaborative and respectful relationships with functional and regional stakeholders within the Bank as well as with Standard Bank Group and ICBC Group colleagues.
- Ensure that functional and regional stakeholders understand their responsibilities within the Bank's outsourced services governance framework.
- Work closely with functional and regional stakeholders to continuously improve the oversight of outsourced services.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the Joint Services Committee, a committee which governs the services between the Bank and Standard Bank Group.
Business Management responsibilities
- Policies, procedures and other written standards
- Review and analysis
- Risk management
- Senior Managers and Certification Regime ("SMCR")
- Communications from the COO
- Client Assets ("CASS")
- Operational resilience
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
Experience required to successfully perform the role:
- Previous management experience within a bank or similar financial institution.
- Previous experience of leading a team or function within a bank.
- Previous experience of interacting with an organization's senior executives and senior committees.
- Previous experience of risk management and building controls.
- Knowledge, technical skills and expertise:
- Finance qualifications or equivalent background preferred.
- Solid understanding of the UK financial services regulatory landscape and expectations.
- Strong leadership capability.
- Strong people management skills.
- High level of integrity
- Excellent communicator
- Accomplished stakeholder and staff manager
- Focused on results and delivery.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.