Fantastic opportunity to progress your career
Morgan McKinley are recruiting for a Head of Financial Reporting to join an international organisation based in Brighton.
You will lead and inspire a team of 7 direct reports and also lead the development of the wider team.
- Ensure that all financial reporting the group is complete -Monthly Flash and Statutory; Quarterly and Year End
- Review all reporting and ensure that variance analysis and commentary are accurate
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts for all entities are reconciled monthly.
- All technical accounting developments are complied with and implications are understood.
- Ensure that all financial and actuarial Solvency II ("SII") entity reporting is met within agreed timescales.
- Oversee the development and continual improvement of the consolidation reporting tool for the group and the related reporting processes.
- Lead a relentless focus on process improvement across all areas of the team.
- Be the liaison point for the external audit.
- Oversee and sign off FX accounting on a quarterly basis
- Ensure that inter-company accounts are reconciled monthly
- Be policyholder for Group Technical Accounting Policy, the Group Regulatory Reporting Policy and the Group Financial Control Group policy.
- Ensure compliance and report quarterly
- Provide oversight for Corporate Tax and Indirect Tax accounting
To be successfull in this role you will be "Big 4" Practice Trained with a strong financial reporting background. You must have experience of insurance accounting in a large Corporate business with working knowledge of IFRS.
Highly numerate, Excellent written & communication skills, driven, high energy with a team focus.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.