In the face of the Covid19 crisis, this organisation with roots firmly in the retail sector is actively recruiting for Tax Manager role.
In the face of the Covid19 crisis, this organisation with roots firmly in the retail sector is actively recruiting for Tax Manager role. The role has come about following a business restructure and will require the incoming candidate to take on a broad operational role supporting the Global Head of Tax on direct, indirect and employment tax compliance, including oversight and coordination of global tax compliance tax accounting.
The role will include:
- Oversee the preparation of tax returns globally and liaise with the UK HMRC and other Tax authorities as required.
- Assist with the management of the Group's transfer pricing risk ensuring material intra-group arrangements are priced and documented appropriately.
- Manage the expatriate tax and social security compliance process globally
- Manage the relationship with professional tax advisers to facilitate and ensure fulfilment of compliance obligations whilst maximizing value for the business.
- Manage the relationship with the tax authorities on employee tax and social security matters, dealing with and resolving all enquiries, disclosures and compliance matters.
- Oversee direct tax payments, tax reporting, budgeting, and compliance processes, ensuring compliance with local tax authorities, policies and internal reporting timetable.
- Prepare all tax disclosures and narrative for the consolidated Group accounts under IFRS and reporting packs to parent company.
- Review new legislation and reporting standards and advise on the implications on tax rates, forecasts and disclosures.
You will need to be a qualified tax specialist (ACA/CTA or equivalent) with experience in corporate tax, employment/expatriate taxes or indirect tax. Applicants with experience across multiple areas of tax would be desirable, but equally candidates with a specific focus on one area will be considered so long as they are willing to take on a broader role. It is anticipated the ideal candidate will have trained in a larger professional services firm and have gained some initial in-house experience.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.