Fantastic new opportunity for a Gross Margin Analyst - FP&A based in Redhill, Surrey.
Role: Gross Margin Analyst - FP&A
Location: Redhill, Surrey
I am delighted to be partnering with the Finance team at a well known and respected UK based company based in Redhill, Surrey. Their commercial division is going through an exciting period of transformation and the requirement is due to the additional growth within the team.
This role will be responsible for the reporting and understanding of gross margin (Financial Planning and Analysis) and operating expenses of the UK energy commercial business.
The successful candidate will also be responsible of providing the Senior Director, Head of Finance, Senior Management Team, and Group with the data and insights required to understand and manage the performance of the UK Marketing Business, with a focus on margins (past, present and future).
- Drive the continuous improvement/review of gross margin reporting, analysis and control, in coordination with Finance and Operational departments:
- Actively participate to the month-end process:
- Actively contribute to the forecasting and planning exercises (Budgets and Long Term Planning)
- Design, maintain and continuously improve gross margin and connected balance sheet forecasting models
- Regularly liaise with Commercial and Energy Procurement teams regarding the evolution of the portfolio, market trends, procurement activities and potential changes to strategies, pricing methods or industry changes
- Partner with the Business to drive enhanced financial performance through identifying trends, anomalies and variances and introducing strategies for improvement, with a focus on gross margin
- Actively support the review and simplification of the various financial processes, initiating and implementing change and implementing changes developed in conjunction with other European Marketing entities
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and develop ad-hoc models as required by the Senior Management Team of UKM
- Provide cover to the rest of the FP&A team as required
- Maintain and share knowledge of all relevant accounting, tax and industry developments
- Assist the Financial Reporting team in formulating and evaluating new or revised local accounting interpretation.
- Ensure appropriate review and timely validation of invoices (payment approval), payments (disbursement stage in Treasury system) and cheques, in line with established procedures and delegations of authority.
- Comply with relevant HSE rules, managing their activities to ensure all relevant HSE risks are appropriately mitigated. Provide feedback on risks or issues that may exist within the team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Newly Qualified or finalist ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Commercially aware with experience in financial and management accounts - recent experience in the Energy Supply sector would be advantageous
- Highly numerate with excellent analytical and modelling skills
- Excellent computer literacy particularly in MS Office (Intermediate Excel*, Powerpoint and Word) *Familiar with Pivots, Macros, Formulas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presenting to staff at different levels and disciplines - recent experience in business partnering advantageous
- Proven track record of demonstrating effective cost and time management with experience of managing multiple tasks whilst adhering to deadlines
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.