FRDCF Consultant required to provide advice, guidance & challnge Group Finance on Risk & Control
The purpose of the role is to assist the FRDCF manager in providing advice, guidance and challenge to Group Finance and the wider business on risk and control related matters & to report on such issues to the Financial Reporting Data & Control (FRDCF) Committee and other appropriate governance committees
- Review end to end processes to identify control gaps and deficiencies.
- Perform testing of the design and operational effectiveness of controls.
- Provide day to day management support to senior stakeholders across the business to ensure FRDCF is embedded across the Group.
- Support key stakeholders across Group Finance in undertaking their FRDCF attestation every 6 months
- Support FRDCF Manager to maintain FRDCF Methodology and Standards
- Methodology documents produced and kept up to date
- Improvement in MI and FRDCF outputs
- Feedback from stakeholders across the business
- Improvement in metrics used to measure embedding
- Financial Champion Groups and Process Owner Forums
Experience & Skills Required
- Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required
- Strong knowledge and experience of control frameworks, preferably within an insurance environment
- Qualified Accountant or Actuary, knowledgeable about proposed regulatory changes including IFRS II in so far as they impact financial reporting
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software package
- Good communication skills, both face-to-face and report writing including the ability to present complex information clearly and accurately
- Proven ability to manage workload and set priorities
- Proven record of questioning current practices and recommending/implementing alternative (efficient or correct) solutions
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.