Financial Modeller - Corporate Finance
Job: Financial Modeller - Corporate Finance
* The M&A modelling team supports all the deals (sell-side, buy-side, project finance and debt advisory) across the wider M&A team by providing model build services across a range of sectors.
* We are a market leader in mid-market M&A deals.
* We work closely with our deal teams and clients throughout the deal process and look to add considerable value throughout this time; this means the client relationship and management is as important as the technical service delivery.
* We are looking for a dedicated resource based in Birmingham to support Birmingham M&A deals, but the candidate's reporting line will be to the Modelling team in London.
* Our modelling offering involves developing complex financial models using MS Excel. Our models are customised to the specific requirements of each project and are therefore bespoke in nature.
* Our modellers work closely with the deal teams and the end clients, to understand the key drivers of the business that we are modelling.
* A typical model build process will include, attending initial planning meeting, building of the operational model, continual explanation and development through client liaison and inclusion of financial / deal overlays.
* The role will also require some travel to London as the candidate will be part of and report to the London Modelling Team.
* We are looking for someone with an accountancy qualification with some prior experience in financial modelling and ideally with some deal experience / exposure.
* They will work under more experienced modellers based in London, and from the start be an integral part of our delivery team, working primarily on Birmingham based M&A projects.
* There is significant scope for progression for the right individual once they have embedded themselves in the team and shown their capabilities to build robust financial models for M&A deals
* Accountancy qualification - ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
* Numeracy -we deal with complex mathematical concepts and the candidate must be confident about abstracting ideas and deriving a suitable approach to solving the problem
* Literacy - our service offering requires the ability to express clearly and concisely complex financial matters, with no room for ambiguity
* Excel skills - while we expect to provide continual and ongoing training in the technical side of financial modelling, the candidate should have a good level of understanding and experience in building financial models. Some VBA programming skills would be desirable, but not a pre-requisite.
* Deal experience - As most of our assignments involve working on M&A deals, experience of working on deals and an understanding of different parts of an M&A deal would be preferable
* Ownership and responsibility - the candidate will quickly be in a position of delivering decision-critical work on deals; the desire and ability to take responsibility for the client's requirements is therefore paramount to success within our team
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.